I suggest you ...

Add ability to format RSS content in email

Every RSS feed provides similar types of content in similar tags (<item>, <link>, <creator>, etc.). The RSS email is already providing some baseline formatting for these items (titles look different than body text, for example). Adding the ability to style these types of content would be ideal, probably with a custom RSS module that could be setup in the email template. I know I can force styles through the stylesheet, but it seems kind of silly to have to do so.

477 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben MartinBen Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    EugenioEugenio shared a merged idea: Customize Email Design (RSS Email Type)  ·   · 

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike CostanzoMike Costanzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ben mentioned the ability to "Force styles through the stylesheet," but because the various element are not marked up with unique classes or id's, I cannot apply the styles I need to. (Titles, for example, are simply marked up as links, and get styled along with all other links.)

3 votes here.

• Tim RTim R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2016 update - we still need this option. Hubspot is behind the competition on this one. Please update so we can style the tags.

• Arjun ManiyarArjun Maniyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to bump this necessary update. An individualized, user-friendly styling option for RSS email module(s), similar to how HubSpot designs their ordinary emails, would be very helpful in designing a branded look and would be instrumental enabling our clients to deliver a powerful message in a timely fashion. Currently there are no such options and it makes our team sad...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to bump this necessary update. An individualized, user-friendly styling option for RSS email module(s), similar to how HubSpot designs their ordinary emails, would be very helpful in designing a branded look and would be instrumental enabling our clients to deliver a powerful message in a timely fashion. Currently there are no such options and it makes our team sad...

• YashYash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This particular feature NEEDS TO HAPPEN (soon). Inability to do so throws a wrench in our process (and reason to go with Hubspot) of moving faster and optimizing blog emails

• Mike HearleMike Hearle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really need this to happen, as it stands the RSS data being pulled through to the emails is far too big and like other commenters, not all of the information is needed!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi..
        Recently i just get a answer getting me this:Currently, the blog notification emails and their styling/text are pulled straight from the RSS feed generated by HubSpot. At this time, the feed/code is uneditible.
        Well.. if a lot of people paid for this platform.. how is not setting some properties like email notifications ?? Is like to try to change your air style at the barber shop but only offers you same style. Is not reason to get same style if you want to impact your leads.
        The idea is to improve.. not making same things because make bored products

• Tim HunterTim Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this issue simply being ignored? I'd really like to be able to better style my RSS emails without having to develop a new custom module...anyone??!!

• Suzanne McKeeSuzanne McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot, do you have any updates on this feature request? It is incredibly necessary to be able to make some simple changes to the RSS email styles. Please let us know if this is something you will be addressing. Thanks!

• Shari MonesShari Mones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot, have any been updates on this? We've been waiting for the ability to style the RSS feeds more effectively.

• Jamie CJamie C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As all the articles that are pulled from my web page are written by the same person, it looks silly to have author, date, etc attached to each module.

I'd like to be able to remove these tags completely.

• johan vantommejohan vantomme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just have written a RSS transformer for one of our HubSpot clients.
        RSS feed is read, parced, client can order posts, images are adapted, width, height, left, right, center,... and some inline css added.
        New RSS is created. Ready to go
        Works fine!

We can work out a solution for you if needed. johanvt@leadstreet.be

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base