I suggest you ...

Add ability to format RSS content in email

Every RSS feed provides similar types of content in similar tags (<item>, <link>, <creator>, etc.). The RSS email is already providing some baseline formatting for these items (titles look different than body text, for example). Adding the ability to style these types of content would be ideal, probably with a custom RSS module that could be setup in the email template. I know I can force styles through the stylesheet, but it seems kind of silly to have to do so.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben MartinBen Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Suzanne McKeeSuzanne McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot, do you have any updates on this feature request? It is incredibly necessary to be able to make some simple changes to the RSS email styles. Please let us know if this is something you will be addressing. Thanks!

• Shari MonesShari Mones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot, have any been updates on this? We've been waiting for the ability to style the RSS feeds more effectively.

• Jamie CJamie C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As all the articles that are pulled from my web page are written by the same person, it looks silly to have author, date, etc attached to each module.

I'd like to be able to remove these tags completely.

• johan vantommejohan vantomme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just have written a RSS transformer for one of our HubSpot clients.
        RSS feed is read, parced, client can order posts, images are adapted, width, height, left, right, center,... and some inline css added.
        New RSS is created. Ready to go
        Works fine!

We can work out a solution for you if needed. johanvt@leadstreet.be

• Evan DeanEvan Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a common request I get when working with HubSpot users. Lets make this happen!

• Lisa GluckLisa Gluck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hubspot Team - any comment on this? Are you close to a solution? We are having an *extremely* hard time with our RSS email - we will likely have to abandon it as a solution. This will be very inefficient of course, so I'm looking for some hope :-) If it's a few months away, we will hang in there.

• JackieJackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like the ability to change the font size and color of the "By" line. I don't think it should stand out more than the intro text.

• Lee CrockettLee Crockett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's crazy that this isn't in place. Newsletter subscribers of the entry point in the life cycle. Hub spot should be shining at this not lagging so far behind systems like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and even Wordpress. This is so easy everywhere else.

• Johan VandecasteeleJohan Vandecasteele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I would like to choose specific blogposts (and the order in which they appear), AND include CTA's as well. Would be a world of change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our customer switched from mailchimp, the lack of RSS email styling makes them wonder if they made the right choice. Seems relatively easy, as behind the scenes the RSS DOES get formatted the same as the web layout, making the module available in the template admin will allow us to set the style on the individual RSS feed items (in-line) and even hide elements from the feed. To take it a step further, in the blog you could even dictate if you want to send the image in the feed, or define to display as layout 1 or 2 (image left/right) as an idea, this makes the feed feature so much more implementable.

to the previous commentors: you can style the emails using the CSS specific to the email, however the reason why outlook based email doesnt work is because outlook requires in-line css to style properly

• Dominique VerniersDominique Verniers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We have the blog in WordPress and I'm working on the subscription e-mails. I tried it in HubSpot but the emails look bad in Outlook. We have MailChimp as well, I will try it.

• EvaEva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally. just simple things like being able to colour the text, set the font size and font family to show our branding would be good.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the RSS to email feature needs a bit more polish before it's a workable replacement for MailChimp.

Feedback and Knowledge Base