I suggest you ...

Customize default field values for form Embed code

I have had several instances where the ability to set the default values for form fields would have saved me hours of integration time.

For example:

My client has 10 webinar pages each with its own unique thank you page. Our current form configuration (not-HubSpot integrated) redirects the user to the appropriate thank you page which contains the webinar requested for view.

I can already dynamically change the thank you page destination from the form embed code - but what I am looking for is to also set a hidden fields value inside the embed code as well.

For example the embed code would look something like this:

<script>
hbspt.forms.create({
portalId: 'XXXXXX',
formId: 'XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX',
formFields: {
fieldID1 : {
value : "my value"
},
fieldID2 : {
value : "my value"
}
}
});
</script>

Where the field ID parameters and their values would correspond to certain fields (hidden or visible) in the form. This would allow me to use a single form across multiple pages on my site and also be able to send through the correct values for certain form fields based on the action / content they requested on the site.

If you guys can do this - or if it is already possible and I didn't know about it - I would love you forever.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Derek CavalieroDerek Cavaliero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan SpenceRyan Spence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had this problem a number of times as well. Will definitely cut down on development time

• Derek CavalieroDerek Cavaliero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, wanted to add - this would also be awesome if it were able to be integrated to use with HubSpot landing pages in order to cut down on the sheet number of forms needed to be created.

For example:

If I have 4 HubSpot landing pages and they all are for an individual webinar.

I would like to use the same form for each of those landing pages. But, from inside the landing page settings, be able to set the default values for any fields I wish as well as the thank you page redirect value.

This would clean up the form area a ton and wouldn't take anything away from the current form or landing page functionality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base