I suggest you ...

Ability to suppress the viewing of specific workflows from a contact's timeline

I would love the abiility to check a box on workflow settings that would remove that workflow from showing up on a contact's timeline. This would be used for certain data management (cleansing, normalization, etc) workflows that are really useful to have but don't add any value to the sales reps when they are looking at a contact's timeline. This way my reps don't need to weed through data management workflows to find the workflows that are relevant to what the lead is doing to engage with us.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle HMichelle H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

The contact record is read-only for sales reps, so they actually cannot enroll contacts into workflows from here. They can do that from our HubSpot embed into Salesforce.

As we keep expanding the Sales Rep role, this will be something we add into Workflows. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
    Maggie

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michelle HMichelle H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both Ryan & Hannah are correct. The intention of the request was not to allow reps to enroll contacts into workflows but rather to suppress certain workflows from even appearing on a contact's timeline (meaning the contact would still be enrolled in the workflow but that workflow would not appear on the contact's timeline). This will help both sales & marketing because marketing can run data cleansing/hygiene workflows and sales can view the workflows that are relevant to a lead's progress through the revenue funnel.

I see two possible ways of implementing:
        1. checkbox on a workflow's settings page that removes that workflow from appearing on a contact's timeline at all.

2. checkbox on a workflow's settings page that categorizes that workflow as a data management workflow. When viewing a contact's timeline you can select or unselect "data management workflows" from appearing in the timeline with all the other options (form submissions, property changes, website visits, automation events, list memberships, syncs, etc...)

• HannahHannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Maggie, I echo Ryan's sentiments. The request is to suppress certain data-cleansing, back-end workflows from appearing in a contact's activity time-line, so that only workflows that we determine are relevant to a person's contact activity appear. When a rep views the activity history of their contact, they have to sift through a slew of activity that has no relevance to them, which is really counter-productive. We've been forced to limit the amount of data-cleansing workflows as to not confuse our reps further, which leaves us with less-than-desired data or unhappy reps.

Can this be reconsidered?

• Ryan HeathersRyan Heathers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't believe the idea was for sales rep to have the ability to enroll contacts into workflows from the contact record - which appears to the reason why this was declined.

The goal was to clean up the Timeline view so that certain data hygiene-focused workflows don't clutter up the view with irrelevant info. E.g. just hiding certain timeline entries from being visible.

I think this would be very very helpful.

• Bryan CheungBryan Cheung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and would almost make up for HubSpot's lack of features compared to Eloqua.

Feedback and Knowledge Base