I suggest you ...

Send Emails Based on a Contact's Previous Email Action (Open or Click)

It would be extremely helpful to be able to send an email based on a contacts previous action on a given email. We typically publish weekly promotions and enjoyed the ability to easily follow up with them based on their behavior with the first transmission - whether they clicked, opened, etc.

For reference MailChimp allows you to easily select your segment based on their actions against a previous email, also listed in an easy to use drop down.

This would be extremely helpful for non-workflow based emails in the e-commerce realm.

Regards,
Frank

380 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FrankFrank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Omer GafnyOmer Gafny shared a merged idea: Create smart lists off of actions on specific emails  ·   · 
    Mark CurrierMark Currier shared a merged idea: Ability to create smartlists based a contacts email history  ·   · 
    Michelle LittlefieldMichelle Littlefield shared a merged idea: List Creation based on Email Communication Received  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lawrence ByrdLawrence Byrd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I note that the Events mechanism in Enterprise edition provides a way of doing this, but given the centrality of CTAs to HubSpot I believe there should be a simpler way of doing this directly from List Conditions which is available in all editions, not just Enterprise edition. I have Pro edition, for example, where CTAs are supported and recommended.

• Lawrence ByrdLawrence Byrd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. CTAs should either allow a contact property to be set when they are used or Lists should allow CTA clicks as criteria just like page views and Form submits. Either would give us what we need (property setting in CTA might be faster to deliver :)).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great and almost perfect. Since most of our emails have several links, it would be perfect if you can select an action based on the click of the link of the click..

• Josh HarcusJosh Harcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've built a system within HubSpot that gauges and changes the email frequency depending on the users interactions with those previous emails.

It is working extremely well!

• jamesjames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done if a user has filled out a form and been subsequently sent an email.

In smart lists:

Add a requirement if a user has filled out a specific form.

Add another requirement for email delivered setting it to (simply has this property)
        Add another requirement for email opened setting it to (simply does not have this property)
        Add another requirement for email clicked setting it to (simply does not have this property)
        Add another requirement for email bounced setting it to (simply does not have this property)

This will bring in a list of contacts who have filled out that form, have had an email delivered, and have not opened it, clicked on it or had it bounce.

Hope this helps

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were just talking about trying to do this... When could you make this available HubSpot team?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is absolutely essential to deliver great nurturing campaigns.
        @Hubspot - when will this feature be available?

• HannahHannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@HubSpot - Is there any progress on this Idea? It would be incredibly helpful.

• GraceGrace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you Frank! Although Hubspot has the option to create a list based on the open and clicks, if you do a lot of email segmentation it becomes very time consuming to go into every deployed email and create/append the list. It would be more effective to have the option in contacts that allows a filter based on the action of a specific email.

• KurtKurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would dramatically help DirectBuy understand the success of a complex lead nurturing email program.

Our consumers move through various parts of our sales funnel and this would help me track how that happens and the success of my nurturing efforts.

• Evan DeanEvan Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

creating a smart list based on any email data would be very helpful for creating contacts reports or building out branching logic in workflows.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base