I suggest you ...

Create a basic Gallery of images where you can click on 1in x 1in thumbnail and that image enlarges to view.

Create a basic Gallery of images where you can click on 1in x 1in thumbnail and that image enlarges to view. The Image Slider is great, but if you are putting in images of different orientations and dimensions there is a white background that gets created behind the image. The image gallery is also great for visitors who don't want to have to scan through a bunch of images to find the image they are looking for. It would be even better if HubSpot could provide similar stylized gallaries similar to what squarespace creates.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emily MorganEmily Morgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh AmesJosh Ames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*bump* Any update on this? Just had issues trying to implement a jquery alternative and let's just say it was a pain in the butt. Definitely agree this should be something that is built into the standard image module with a simple checkbox or something.

• Crystal BallCrystal Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Potentially found some more issues with this lightbox gallery, could do with a beta area in the forums to log these, any idea if you're going to create one?

I've just noticed an issue with this. When using the Display Mode -'Lightbox Gallery' the order of your slides is ignored. It's ordered my slides in reverse order. So slide 1 shows as 2 and 2 as 1. Also when I click on the thumbnail when slide one opens it shows about 20 pixels of slide 2 on the left hand side if the image. If I scroll between my two images it fixes this issue, so it's only on the initial loading of the modal window that this occurs.

• Ad CaseyAd Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I've ran some tests with this and the modal box works fine. However I have some suggestions for tweaks I think would make it more useful. Shall I post them here or are you wanting me to wait until there is a beta blog post released to post on there? Also could do with knowing how to style the modal popup and the previous and next buttons need some work.

• Deborah ScottDeborah Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be thrilled to see this functionality added to my COS site. We work with visual media and providing user initiated access to high quality images will allow us to better market our products and services and provide a better UI for our customers. Responsive galleries would be an outstanding addition.

• AdamSokAdamSok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very important to have the ability to add images in reverse chronological order so that the newest images appear at the top of the page.

There are lots of instances of people asking for this in the forums. Once I have more votes returned I will be voting on this. We are looking to post screenshots of our software which really need to be view full screen to be able to see the content clearly. IMHO it should be an option in the image module. i.e. create thumbnail and when clicked view original size.

Feedback and Knowledge Base