I suggest you ...

Ability to include contacts that do not have an email address

We are trying to use HubSpot as our CRM - but need to be able to manage contacts that we have mailing addresses but no email addresses. We also need a calendar function that allows us to set appointments for contacts.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jean StecklerJean Steckler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an app by Invoka that creates a HubSpot contact by making an "email address" for the caller, for those who don't submit an email on a form. This could also accomplish what you're looking to do. Search for Inbound Call Tracking.

• John ShermerJohn Shermer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Follow-up question: once you import the contact without email addresses, how do you plan to market to them or use these records inside of HubSpot?"

We are an investment firm that has about 2000 contacts that we are slowly converting from US mail messaging over to email messaging. Our age demographic ranges from 55 to 80. Some of these are very slow adopters and it will take time to get their emails. Having a CRM inside Hubspot would make this easier. Import once....update often.

• Paul VeltenPaul Velten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow contacts to be created without email addresses. Form conversions with phone numbers, but not email addresses, are still a form of inbound marketing. We manage several businesses that use Hubspot and value a phone number much more than an email address. It's not that they don't want email addresses, but to be told that they cannot accept leads without email addresses is very unfortunate and is limiting businesses opportunities.

• John ShermerJohn Shermer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see HS operate as a lite CRM. Sales Force is way too robust for our needs and other CRMs are perpetually out of sync since they don't talk both ways.

• Jean StecklerJean Steckler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like to be able to replace the legal CRM package we use (Time Matters) and not have to manage 2 different contact databases -- which will always be out of sync.

• Jean StecklerJean Steckler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maggie,
        I plan to upload the contact info with their Lead Source info. Once their
        contact info is loaded into HubSpot (sans email address), and the contact
        fills out a form at some point in the future - if we can sync the uploaded
        contact info with the form submittal, we can merge the online website
        browsing history with the uploaded contact profile.

In other programs I use, I am given options on what field to use for syncing
        (e.g. phone number, last & first names, etc.).
        Thanks,
        Jean

• HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the idea, Jean! Follow-up question: once you import the contact without email addresses, how do you plan to market to them or use these records inside of HubSpot?

Thanks,
        Maggie

Feedback and Knowledge Base