I suggest you ...

Allow events to directly trigger workflows

At the moment, you can create lists of people based on whether or not they have done an event and then trigger a workflow based on inclusion in this list. The problem is however, this doesn't allow me to trigger the workflow EVERY TIME they complete the event.

If on the contrary, completing an event was able to trigger a workflow directly then the workflow would fire every time the user completes the event.

There are a number of use cases I could think of, and these are just my own (I run a SaaS company):

**Increment a property every time an event triggers**

So for instance, every time someone logs in to your SaaS application during their free trial it increments the field 'Number of logins'. You could then do all sorts of stuff with this, such as pass it through to Salesforce for when the sales team follows up, or trigger email campaigns to those who have signed up for your free trial but not logged in trying to get them engaged in your app.

**Send internal emails**

Whenever an event is triggered, such as a user downgrading their plan or visiting the cancel page, a internal email can be sent to the sales representative telling them to get in touch with the customer.

**Trigger something in a 3rd party app**

Using the webhooks functionality and something like Zapier, you have endless capabilities. Possible actions include adding a new row of data in a google docs spreadsheet, triggering a message in chat apps like Google Chat or HipChat, sending an SMS to someone, creating a new card in Trello, create a new contact in Google Contacts & more.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron BeashelAaron Beashel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Parker ShortParker Short shared a merged idea: Allow workflows to activate based on a change in value, not just when they equal a value  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steven KosterSteven Koster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would REALLY like to see this feature implemented.

In our situation, we've created a set of custom lead scores--one for each of our products--in the Contacts properties. We want to track user-behavior-events by product, over time (months and years).

For example, we have web subdomains for each product. So if someone visits a webpage of one of our product, we'd like a workflow to increment their custom lead score for that product. (Note that we're NOT using the lead scoring tools built-in to HubSpot, but a custom set of scores, lists, and workflows. The built-in tool allows only one score.)

Generally speaking, any and all of the events that appear in the interaction-timeline on each Contact record is an event I'd like to have increment one of our product lead scores. Web visits, Twitter touches, email opens, form completions, website comments, Facebook likes--I'd like to assign values to them all.

• Tracy DiMarinoTracy DiMarino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to send internal emails to the appropriate sales reps anytime a lead's HubSpot Score increases, instead of having to do specific thresholds.

• HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for the great idea, Parker! It has been on our radar, so happy to see it posted here as well. It opens the doors to a bunch of interesting workflows. We'll be exploring this further soon.

Thanks,
        Maggie

Feedback and Knowledge Base