I suggest you ...

Workflow Webhook Personalisation

When using workflows to ping a custom URL using Webhooks it would be really useful to be able to be able to pass through personalisation tokens in the URL when using GET or set variable so POST.

A potential use for this would be to send a text message to our sales guy (who is always on the road) with a contacts first name, lastname and phone number so that when he is able to he can just open the SMS and click on the phone number and have the phone start dialing.

The URL webhook would be something like:

http://www.mysite.com/sendsms/?firstname={{contact.firstname}}&lastname={{contact.lastname}}&phone={{contact.phone}}

Which would result in the url looking something like:

http:://www.mysite.com/sendSMS/?firstname=Alex&lastname=Bolton-King&phone=0123456789

I could then have a page at this URL that takes the parameters and then sends a nice SMS that looks like:
"

Dear Sales Guy,

Please get in touch with Alex Bolton King on 0123456789.

"

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAlex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    pending  ·  HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

We are currently investigating this – but as Alex mentioned in the comment, we support a SMS feature in Workflows currently, so that is something you can use right now. Can you please leave a comment or email me directly with the other use cases you are trying to solve here?

Thanks,
    Maggie

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Maggie,

One case where this functionality would be useful is when we use other advertisement systems to get people to our site. Once someone fills out a hubspot form and become a contact in hubspot I want to automatically remove them from what other system we have been using in the past to ensure that they don't get bothered by that strategy anymore.

Currently I can only do this by using the hubspot api to get all people in a list and then looping through to work out which person is new and then remove them from the third party system...

Being able to pass tokens in the get params could allow for the hubspot system to communicate directly with the 3rd party systems rather than relying on an API proxy system to talk between hubspot api and the third party.

Many thanks,

Alex

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am aware that Hubspot is currently working on its own SMS integration but the SMS bit was just an example use of personalisation. There are so many other things that could make use of this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base