I suggest you ...

Add additional functionality for lead scoring

I just worked on the lead scoring and I think there are a few basic things that are missing:

Score for more than x pages viewed
Returning visitors (on a different day)
Completed one form (for example a white paper) and every additional white paper would receive less points than the original one.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DebbieDebbie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Debbie,

No, the score will only increment when they first cross the threshold of x. If you want to increment the score everytime, you'll need a condition for every number of page views past x.

Hope this helps!

- Matt

• DebbieDebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt, Thanks for the solutions below. If I have added Number of Visits is greater than x then will this score be added every time the visitor returns to the website?

• Matt SchnittMatt Schnitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

You can score on more than x pages viewed. To do so, you can select Contact Property > Number of Pageviews > is greater than > x. You can also score returning visitors by selecting Contact Property > Number of Visits > is greater than > x.

As for whitepaper conversion scoring, we generally suggest that customers score their marketing collateral with increasing points for content that relates to the top, middle and bottom of the funnel. So, even if a lead has filled out a form to get their third whitepaper from you, if that whitepaper correlates with a later stage in the buying cycle, it is worth more points than a top of the funnel offer. As a result, scoring degradation hasn't been a big priority.

I'd love to know more about your use case and how you are thinking about lead scoring. Feel free to shoot me an email so we can discuss more.

Best,
        Matt

Feedback and Knowledge Base