I suggest you ...

Sort Contacts

I wish there was a way to sort contacts along any contact property chosen.

This could be "last seen" to find the top 10 customers who visited the site last, or who visited most, got the most emails, or anything else most or least.

139 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joachim KochJoachim Koch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GaryGGaryG shared a merged idea: View and sort leads in lists  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone's suggestions here. Definitely need more ways to sort and view contacts by different properties. By name (and not email address) if nothing else.

• Mike Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have my contact list and smart list sorted and displayed using more contact property values. Its really imortant for our company to see when and who has made contact with customers.

• CindyCindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like sorting a list by column property (such as name) should be available but I can't see how. Is this still not available? Thanks.

• Karah FinanKarah Finan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to sort contacts by date also. I came here to find the answer and was not surprised that it was the first idea. It's a clumsy feature.

• Alex DanchoAlex Dancho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreeing with Rick on this one - it seems sort of absurd that the only searchable properties are name and email address. We're having some serious trouble with using the service since we can't search by any of our custom properties. It seems like it'd be as simple as adding an API endpoint like so:

https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/search/query?q=[query]&prop=[custompropertyname]&hapikey=demo

It builds off your existing API search structure, and means y'all don't have to implement a full "search by all properties" thing. You could even use that to power your customer facing search tool. Have a dropdown next to the search bar with a list of the custom properties.

It seems ridiculous that we put a ton of data in without ability to query against that data without moving it back out of the system.

• Justine Justine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be incredibly helpful if we could simply sort a list of contacts in alphabetical order by name. This one seems like a no-brainer in that it would make finding a specific contact within a list so much easier.

We can search by name via the "contacts home" page, but sorting or searching features are not available within a specific list. It would be so much easier for users if sorting/searching were enabled within lists as well.

• Justine Justine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. The functionality of an excel spreadsheet comes to mind wherein one can sort data by a variety of properties either simultaneously or in sequence. For example, sort by state, then, city, then job title...etc.

I know we can export lists to an excel spreadsheet, but it would be nice to have this functionality contained within the HubSpot program itself.

Thanks for bringing this up!

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree Joachim- that would be very helpful and our team was hoping it was possible to sort from a variety of different properties. I'd also like to be able to search and order by custom fields, such as phone number. I really don't understand how searching by phone number isn't possible. If it's a custom field, and part of a contact, it should be possible to search by that field.

• bkuntzbkuntz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely what I need this morning. I want to send an email to folks who clicked on something in an email, but can't get to just those people. Am going to have to pull them from Salesforce.com and reload a list. I'm so tired of having to load and reload lists into Hubspot - we really need a better way to work with the data...

Feedback and Knowledge Base