I suggest you ...

Allow emails to be sent from the users real domain name instead of "on behalf of"

Currently email that are sent from HubSpot appear to be sent "on behalf of" the senders name.

This looks horrible to people who receive a message in Outlook -- per http://help.hubspot.com/articles/How_To_Doc/Why-do-my-emails-appear-as-sent-on-behalf-of-me

Every other email service I have used -- Pardot, MailChimp, Mandrill, Camagin Monitor, and SendGrid -- allow us to setup the proper SPF and DKIM information in our DNS records to prevent the "on behalf of" message from appearing.

This message screams "this is a bulk email sent from a server -- not a human" to the recipient.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Richard WestRichard West shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Arsham MirshahArsham Mirshah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Added 3 votes because I could not stress more the urgency of this matter.

Emails from HubSpot are going to spam, quarantine, and "promotions" boxes.. NOT COOL!

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to use email system exclusively for all marketing, sales, & nuturing campaigns. Afew things:
        When this is improved please remember not everyone can use SalesForce so please don't count on the integration feature to do this. Also, when single email are sent from a template as in another item Account Managers & Sales people occassionally need more room to edit prior to sending. Would each user need to have an email set up to send themselves or would it on behalf of one email address (can sales rep 1 & 2 use same template or will they need to be treated separately?) We like HubSpot, but having it "advertised" on our business emails is something we would like to avoid as much as possible.

• Daniel D'AlonzoDaniel D'Alonzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I called support a few days ago about this - I was told they do it because it gives customers a stronger delivery rate because it's going through HubSpot. Is that true?

It's a good marketing tactic for HubSpot because everyone receiving emails can see it's from HubSpot. Just like how they start all accounts with emails footers containing ''Powered by HubSpot" - you need to call support and ask them to remove it.

If we got paid to be an affiliate then perhaps I would think about leaving the HubSpot in the email address and in the email footer.

• Ken LempitKen Lempit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. There is NO reason for the user to see this stuff on receipt of an email via HubSpot. Crazy. Please address ASAP!

• Nicola HumfressNicola Humfress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have yet to use the email part of Hubspot and now I've seen this I'm a little disappointed as I was informed that it would send from my email address. This should be addressed asap as it does look awful to anyone receiving it!

• Ashley CoeAshley Coe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! It looks horrible when you see the "on behalf of". Everyone can tell its a bulk email.

• Casey SchorrCasey Schorr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to this. HubSpot just did a hack job technically with their email implementation. This needs to get fixed immediately.

• Pinku SuranaPinku Surana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, HubSpot needs to expose a separate SPF record listing the IP addresses of their email servers. Don't list hostnames because SPF is limited to 10 DNS lookup. Salesforce does this correctly:

v=spf1 ip4:96.43.144.0/20 ip4:182.50.76.0/22 ip4:202.129.242.0/23 ip4:204.14.232.0/21 ip4:62.17.146.128/26 ip4:64.18.0.0/20 ip4:207.126.144.0/20 mx ~all,

Feedback and Knowledge Base