I suggest you ...

If You Build It, We'll Stop Asking for Reports

Instead of HubSpot just developing more reports, develop a tool that allows users to build their own reports from any data in HubSpot.

Drilling down to specifics is good, but I also want to see the big picture of what's performing for various audiences, messages, and channels.

Report functions would include: filter by field, conditions, match any/all, timeframes, layout options, click/drag-n-drop (data from social, email, etc.), graph/chart/number/text settings (e.g., add static text such as labels), sort/re-order/show/don't show specific data, clone/save/email/export.

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dolores FallonDolores Fallon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in development  ·  HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

Last week, we released a new report called the Contacts Report to all Enterprise customers.

The contacts report is a fully customizable report based on the data in the HubSpot Contacts database.

Although it does not fully recognize the full feature request of this idea, it is a move in that direction.

Overtime, we plan to make the report building process in HubSpot much more customizable.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaryAnnMaryAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to build a high-level report with information from all of my campaigns, such as name of campaign, visits, contacts and customers, so I can quickly scan outcomes of all of my campaigns at once.

• Aaron BeashelAaron Beashel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very much a fan of the way KISSmetrics does reporting and would LOVE to see those kind of capabilities in HubSpot, especially considerings it would be automatically integrated with all the other tools like email, landing pages, etc.

In particular i'd like to see:

**Better events reporting**

Since HubSpot tracks every interaction a person has with you, from emails opened to pages visited i'd love the ability to be able to cross-reference these interactions more. KISSmetrics has a lovely dashboard that allows you to create 'key metrics' which could be any of the following:
        1. total number of people who have done 'event'
        2. total times event happened
        3. Average number of times event happened per person
        4. Conversion rate between two events
        5. Time between two events happening

It also allows you to segment this event by any property we know about the person, such as country, buyer persona, referring site, source, etc.

**Funnel Reports**

The funnel report allows me to create customised funnels based on events/actions being recorded. For instance, an eCommerce store can create a funnel that shows how many people did the following events: Viewed Product Page - Viewed 1st Page Cart - Viewed 2nd Page Cart - Viewed Completed Purchase Page. By also showing the conversion rate between each event, it allows me to identify where the biggest blockage points in my funnel are and go about addressing them.

**Revenue Reports**

It would also be great if HubSpot could integrate a dedicated revenue field with associated reports. Revenue could be pulled either through CRM integration or via API and the be attributed back in the sources reports, contact reports as well as having its own reports.

The problem is without revenue my sources reports could be showing me that Search brought me 500 customers and blogging brought me 100. However what if those 500 customers from search only generated me $1000 in revenue where as the 100 from blogging brought me $10,000 in revenue.

Without revenue data, i'd focus my efforts on Search where as the bigger opportunity is in Blogging.

• Stephanie HellsternStephanie Hellstern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REPORTING SHOULD BE A KEY ITEM THAT YA'LL FOCUS ON ASAP!!! This is very crucial to any job function. This is what everyone is looking for! Which is to show accountability for what they are working on in Marketing such as what is working or not & based on the reports what are we going to do with it if it isn't. The reports that we already get emailed to us should be reports saved in our reports area, so we can use & customize how we want or need them for our meetings. Basically,any reports that ya'll use to for Hubspot or any other clients such as daily, weekly, monthly, yearly reports should be evaluated & made standard as soon as you become a Hubspot Customer. It seems like everything else we have templates to pick from, but it would be nice to have standard reports saved in our Reports tab also. Also my consultant did a GAP Analysis it took me saying I was going to cancel my service for someone to help analyze & help. This also would be a good tool to have or analyze for us quarterly. Example Reporting Need: Marketing Reports= Traffic Snapshot for the Year (month, total montly visits, organic traffic, ppc traffic, how much spending google/bing CPC), Website traffic by city, Year to date Marketing Summary, Monthly Marketing Summary, Visits Monthly Trend, Leads Monthly Trend, Organic vs Paid Search Traffic, Lead Sources by most used CTA/Landing Page, Top 10 referring sources generating traffic. These are just some that we should be able to do or make in different types of formats. Matrix type, bar or graph & etc. SALES REPORTS= Leads that converted into Customers, Prospects daily/weekly right now i use ProspectsMax

• Jill ReiswigJill Reiswig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this idea, I'm hoping for improved email campaign reports. We send many of our campaigns out from each of our salespeople, to their individual client lists. I wish there was a way to combine emails into a single campaign report--instead of having to do the math in an Excel spreadsheet myself.

• Stephanie HellsternStephanie Hellstern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes more templates for reporting. You have templates for everything else such as landing pages, forms. It would be nice to have customizable reports already saved here. Because when you click on reports home there is nothing unless we create it ourselves. Also why this came about is i like the information on my dashboard such as visits/leads being compared but it is only for 2 months worth. I would like a report that keeps adding each month to it for the year as well. Would like to have customizable reports for all areas such as sales, marketing, High up management for CEO

• Casey SchorrCasey Schorr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HubSpot Admin, can you be a little more specific what the "more customized reporting" will be able to do? Also, will this more customized reporting be available to professional level accounts?

We're evaluating HubSpot now and this is a potential dealbreaker for us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base