I suggest you ...

Use zip codes to auto populate city/state data fields

If you request zip code data on a form, HubSpot should be able to automatically popular the city and state fields for that particular contact based on their zip code.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dennis ZimmermanDennis Zimmerman shared a merged idea: Zip code automatically populates a State field  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IP address isn't as accurate as ZIP most of the time. My IP address says that I am in a town miles away from where I actually am.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great and necessary idea. We have a web form where we ask the user to submit their name, email and ZIP to download material, then get them to click Submit...the TY page then asks if they want the info mailed to them. At that point, the form should have name, city and state (determined by their entry of ZIP code) and ZIP,- all they need to do is add the street address, and they get a mailing.
        When will this happen? Shouldn't be too hard to set up, and is great for regional targeting. Thanks!

• John PetersenJohn Petersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE this! I am wondering if this can be done for county as well? I have a list of all states, counties, and zip codes I could provide!

• Barry KroekerBarry Kroeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If zip is not available, why not use IP address? It will be accurate for most contacts, and it is better than nothing to help with geographical auto-assignment of sales reps, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base