I suggest you ...

Can you add the Contacts Home tab for Sales Reps access or create a new level of access that includes it??

We would like our sales reps to have access to the contacts tab to be able to update and add new contacts. Right now the sales rep access is only providing access to Prospects and email leads which is limiting as our sales reps are using a different data base and outside lists to update their information. We have to build an API to bridge to SAP Business ByDesign to Hubspot. Having that extra level of access to contacts would help with the list management and accuracy issue that we are facing now and will continue to face even when we build the API.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jennifer CookJennifer Cook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pete HardiePete Hardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BUMP. We desperately need this. For anyone running a B2C business, the prospects app is meaningless!! It would be amazing to be able to give access to hubspot to our sales team and allow them to view and edit the contacts (don't need lists or workflows... just contacts!!!)

• DebbieDebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately need the sales reps to see the contacts. This post is quite old. Is there any estimate when this will be ready?

• Alison CilliersAlison Cilliers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the solution of enabling admins to choose permission levels for users. We need our salespeople to be able to view the Contacts home page and not lists. We should be able to be able to choose between read and read-write access.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - It doesn't always make sense to sync everything from Hubspot into the CRM, but depending on the contact, the sales rep may want to see more detail. Right now, this is impossible without giving reps "marketer" or "admin" access.

There are two possible solutions:
        1) There needs to be a role that sits between "marketer" and "sales" that gives sales reps access to view contacts OR
        2) You should enable admins to choose permission levels for users. That is, I could make it so that the role "sales" would be able to see the tab "contacts."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a smart list and workflow that sends our sales team an automated email when a lead is moved to the MQL list. Our VP of sales would like to see more details on the lead in the contacts page but on the same token, we don't want to grant sales "marketer" or "administrator" access. We need a "Sales Rep" user role that has access to contacts data.

• Matt SchnittMatt Schnitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jennifer,

We're actually beginning to work on a new Sales Rep user role! I have a couple questions for you regarding this idea:

-You mentioned you'd like them to have read-write access to Contact records - do you see this being potentially disruptive? How do you see their ability to change properties that could affect list and workflow enrollments working?

-Should Sales Reps be able to enroll Contacts in Lists or Workflows?

-Should they be able to see all of your Contacts or just the Contacts they own?

Feel free to answer here or shoot me an email (mschnitt@hubspot.com), I'd love to get some more color on this.

-Matt

Feedback and Knowledge Base