I suggest you ...

Custom User Access - roles and individuals

User Access Customization .

Would it be possible to create custom user access levels and titles?

So for example if you want to create a Custom Access Level you click create new user access. Name this new user access to what ever you want e.g. a role or individuals name.

Once the name is created, you drag your mouse to the drop down menus in the top menu (Content, Contacts etc). Beside each of the features in the drop down menu there is a box that can be ticked. To give the user access to that feature you simply check the box.

For example if you want the user to have access to Page Manager, email and sources only, it would be possible.

While the current access levels are great, having full customization would really prove very useful.

167 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Niall ShanahanNiall Shanahan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dani BuckleyDani Buckley shared a merged idea: More control over user views  ·   · 
    Rahul ZutshiRahul Zutshi shared a merged idea: User Roles: Create user roles and hierarchy  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Kristin JohnsonKristin Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the account administrator could modify user permissions and roles. I want marketers to approve their own campaigns, landing pages, emails, etc, but don't want them to access the SFDC integration or modify templates. This is a major fail not to have the ability to adjust.

• JacquelineJacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, I'd also like to have a role like "Marketer" without access to create /change templates or setting, so this would be the best way. Maybe it would be easier to have sth like a sitemap with checks for each account then have it in the menu, but the idea is great, thanks for that!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed when you have users at different skill levels I dont want someone who creates emails being able to set up a Blog or create new feilds or change our time zone which has been happening

• Sebastian UlbertSebastian Ulbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really support this. Let's make the user roles more flexible.

I would also like to see that we are able to have more control over rights, especially when it has global impact for all other users. e.g. Adding new properties. It's a mess when everyone is able to create properties. Only admins should be able to do so. Right now the lowest role in Sales module is User. But everyone is allowed to Manage Properties and Create a New Property.
        I believe this a real mess and there should be a limitation for Users.

• David LawrenceDavid Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sales Manager role needs the ability to filter out Sales Reps that do not report to them. A Hierarchy/Tree structure is required so when a Sales Manager logs into their dashboard they only have visibility to their team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi this is a great idea I have local users who I want to be able to see emails we are creating and even make minor edits but I dont want them loading in lists of contacts as we have a control for this. I would like to give Marketing access without access to contact upload or download Thanks

• AdrianAdrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be awesome and beneficial! We have a lot of locations that would love to have access to use Hubspot, but giving them full privileges would be overwhelming.

• Dani BuckleyDani Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a more customized option for what users can see and do in HubSpot. While the different titles "Sales Rep" or "Blog Writer" are useful sometimes - I typically have found with our clients (we're a VAR) that something more customized would be much more useful. If we could actually just hand select what they can and can't do, simple on and off switches, that would be fantastic!

Because of the lack of being able to do that, many of my clients have not invited more users to use HubSpot because they lack that control.

• Rahul ZutshiRahul Zutshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can create multiple user roles and define hierarchy levels, it would be great benefit. Usually mid sized organizations have 4-5 level of hierarchy in sales. I am sure hubspot is working on it. Also, we should be able to define access to these roles.

• robert nicholsonrobert nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - with the removal of the content home you've actually made the Hubspot enterprise worse! And the access rights dont allow any control over marketers, please listen to your enterprise users!!!!!

• CorbinCorbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked by the amount of access I was given as an average user. Even without malicious intentions, every user has the potential to do plenty of damage accidentally.

• Chris AlgiereChris Algiere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge concern for our company, we need to be able to control access without limiting certain functions. How can this be escalated??

• robert nicholsonrobert nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - and if you include the ability to "admin only lock" specific workflows/lists/reports/landing pages/emails - that would be great.
        Only the other day I had a user change the default time zone of the entire system - chaos!

• Farouk AchouiFarouk Achoui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having control to create custom access is very important, especially that the current "Sales Reps" role is limited to viewing "Prospects" only, they should atleast have access to the "Contacts Lists" this is very important, especially for organizations that don't have a CRM, or their CRM is not synced with Hubspot

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a greatly needed feature for our team. We have many HubSpot users and it's pretty easy to change a lot of the settings that should not be changed. Adding this would make administrating HubSpot so much easier and less stressful.

• Pete HardiePete Hardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please can you guys make this possible. We have a sales team who would benefit hugely from being able to search and view individual customer records only! No emails, no landing pages - just being able to take advantage of our hubspot database! For us this is the single biggest improvement you could make...

• Michelle DuerstMichelle Duerst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with what the other 2 comments posted, but would add that it would be very much needed to give someone access to a specific campaign.

We're an international company and we need the ability to have our Italian office make changes to their pages, forms, etc., but not have access to change our English pages.

In addition, there should be a daily admin report that showed all the changes made throughout the system (not just content).

There should also be the ability to revert a change/deletion.

• James TarinJames Tarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to us as our organization grows. We will have nearly 20 people using hubspot soon, and in order to allow many of them to do their jobs, we will have to give a level of access to them that is not comfortable. In order to maintain the security of the hubspot system with this wide level of access, i really need to be able to set up custom roles that allow or disallow the following functions independently:

- view contact details
        - manage contact properties (create, edit, delete)
        - manage workflows (create, edit, delete)
        - manage lists (create, edit, delete)
        - export lists
        - import contacts
        - manage emails
        - send emails

This sort of granular control will make Hubspot much better for large or distributed marketing and sales organizations

• Alison CilliersAlison Cilliers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature but would like to be able to allocate read only access to sales staff to the contacts and other areas of HubSpot (as appropriate) as well as ensure they could not export contacts from the system as we operate in the real estate sales environment which is fairly competitive. Are there any plans for this sort of development?

Feedback and Knowledge Base