I suggest you ...

Create a sidewide double opt in management

This is really important for nearly anybody in the EU. We need a global deep implemented double opt in functionality. It should work like that:

Everytime a workflow is started, it should be checked if the contact opted in or not.

If we don't have an opt in, there should be a possibility to send an extra email, asking for opt in. But only if the contact actively filled out a form, providing its email adress. After getting the opt in, the workflow should be started.
If the contact already opted in, the workflow could be directly started

With the current solution, it's not possible to skip the double opt in process, if there is already an opt in.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AliAli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason AyresJason Ayres shared a merged idea: automated double opt in  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is also the only way to be assured that your subscribers are getting your emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every other autoresponder has already had this for years - I was astonished that it wasn't already in Hubspot. The suggested workarounds for this are too convoluted and fragile to use in the real world. Please get this implemented before one of your customers is subjected to the Canadian legal process.

Feedback and Knowledge Base