I suggest you ...

domain exclusion on a system level - Master Exclude List

It would help a whole heap if an entire email domain, ex @company.com, could be excluded on a system level to prevent competitors from sneaking in and receiving our emails. Today, we have to manually remove individual emails or add the criteria to a smart list and this is very, very cumbersome and inefficient. This is also a feature that many marketing automation providers offer and puts hubspot at a competitive disadvantage.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ty nilssonty nilsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeanneJeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing Brent ... Where?? I'm not sure HubSpot is grasping the concept here. We want a *master* exclude list - one list that is applied to ALL forms. Not the current system where you have to maintain a list of every single form.

• MarisaMarisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature the admin refers to is not that same as excluding domains from a master blocked domain list. Please make this feature available. As others noted, it is cumbersome and inefficient to update old, active forms every time a new competitor is added.

• MarisaMarisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Brent and Jeanne. The Emails to Block field in the Email property should be able to pull from a master blocked list so you don't have to continually update active, previously created forms with new domains.

• Brent CannonBrent Cannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my 2 cents...I mean votes...to this. We've implemented the new forms/landing pages to take advantage of the block feature, which is tremendous!

But now...because we have so many forms, if we ever have to add new blocked domains (especially competitors), we have to go through every single form. Not a good use of our time.

So, in addition to the check box for the list Hubspot maintains, it'd be good to have a check box for a Master Exclude List as Ty shared and then another location to maintain that list.

Definitely keep the existing field for specific domains based on a particular form because you never know when one or more forms need specific domains blocked on other forms or the Master list.

Hope that makes sense...this would be great to implement!

• JeanneJeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, you can do it per form, but if you have many forms, it can be cumbersome to maintain. I would like to see a master list that applies to all forms by default.

Feedback and Knowledge Base