I suggest you ...

Create an easier way to see analytics on individual Tracking URLs

With Tracking URLs going into campaigns, and not being able to click on a campaign to see which URL is driving traffic or leads, it's difficult to measure what is successful if the URL is to an external page like a press release. To work around this, I've created individual campaigns for each Tracking URL. But, this creates a big mess and defeats the purpose of campaigns. To be able to see right from the Tracking URL Builder (or from Sources > Other Campaigns) what each URL is getting in terms of visitors and leads would be very valuable.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KrystalKrystal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) responded  · 

Hi Krystal,

I totally agree with you on this one, would you mind giving me some feedback on an idea?

Would the following drilldown help allow you to accomplish what you’re trying to track:

Other Campaigns > utm_campaign > utm_medium / utm_content

Thanks,

Andy

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LoriLori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I'd love to be able to click on the tracking URL to see its stats or to be able to see all tracking URLs associated with a specific campaign and compare them side-by-side. I'd also love to be able to see more easily what each link is. Right now I see the campaign (which might have a dozen tracking URLs assigned to it), the source & medium (which are often repeated), and a date (which doesn't help me any). Without copying/pasting the URL into another browser window, I have no way to know which one is, for instance, the Montana brochure request form I posted on Facebook. I can see everything that's assigned to Montana and posted on Facebook, but have no idea WHAT it I've posted, which makes it difficult when I want to go back and re-use the same tracking URL later. Oh, and it'd be AMAZING if the source and medium fields popped up a list of previously used options. I initially kept confusing medium and campaign and put the wrong info in the wrong fields and I've caught myself a few times nearly misspelling things, which would also affect the tracking. I'd love be able to just click and choose the options I use the most.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. Was just trying to find a way to see how many people clicked on a link. Would be great to have it next to the URL Tracking link. Going to ALL of the campaigns is a lot of work.

• MargieMargie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I have a similar issue as Krystal and am not understanding Andy's response.
        Thanks
        margie

• KrystalKrystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before, I was able to look at a tracking URL specific to a blog post that was promoted on Facebook, for example, and see that the lead John Smith clicked on this link from Facebook to read our blog post and later converted. Now, I'm not sure how to get this information, and when you add a tracking URL to a campaign, you can only get information at the campaign level -- not at the individual URL level. I hope that clarifies what I mean!

• MargieMargie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, can this please be a priority. We are wanting to use the tracking urls in the same manner, and would like easy analytics to see how exactly people are getting to our website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base