I suggest you ...

Allow workflows to be paused and restarted, with communication resuming where it left off

We recently had to pause our Workflow because of a communication. Now that we are ready to restart the Workflow, I am needing to make about 50 list segments to figure out what part of the communication flow each lead was in, and drop them into a new campaign to resume. This is because I was told that Workflow communications do not just automatically pick up where they left off when they have been paused. This has cost me about 12 hours of additional work/time dividing up our database. If communication could just resume, that would be great.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle LittlefieldMichelle Littlefield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barry KroekerBarry Kroeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad this is pending. There are a lot of reasons why a marketer would desire to pause one workflow while executing another (#1: To eliminate undesirable marketing "noise" when running a focused campaign). So if the "unenroll them from the workflow" option is engaged, there should be another sub-choice: 1)Re-enrolled contacts start from the beginning of the workflow or 2) Re-enrolled contacts start the workflow at the point they left off.
        Sound good?

• DionaDiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a similar experience this morning. Hubspot support was very responsive in helping me determine how to recover the workflow by creating new lists and additional workflows, then send to the appropriate contacts. The process was very creative & complicated, requiring support. Support would be unnecessary if there was a pause feature for workflows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base