I suggest you ...

SSL Encryption (https) for forms/Pages

I understand that you have stated pages cannot be encrypted due to the complexities involved in managing customer's certificates, as explained here: http://help.hubspot.com/articles/FAQ/Can-I-host-secure-content-on-HubSpot-Does-HubSpot-support-the-use-of-SSL-encryption

However, have you considered partnering with an SSL provider (Comodo, etc) that would allow you the ability to manage the data you need on your end, but the SSL provider would handle all other SSL requirements (verifying the business entity, expiration, etc). Even if you only offered one SSL partner, as long as it was industry standard pricing, this would be better than not having any SSL solutions? It could work like one of the "Apps" that you install I suppose.

Even though we don't collect confidential data, customers these days expect their information to be secure, even if its just a name & email addres, a good example of this is Facebook offering https browsing.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NathanNathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James SullivanJames Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hosting SSL is important for me because I want my customers to feel safe when submitting web forms. A technical workaround that could work for this would be to create a reverse proxy on Heroku (or another service) which proxies the requests in HTTPS and sends them in HTTP to your service. The traffic between AWS and HubSpot is less vulnerable than my client traffic while they're at a coffee shop or on public wifi.

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear! Customers seem to expect data security these days, even if its just name, email & phone #. It looks more professional and fosters trust.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad to hear your are now investigating a solution for SSL encryption! Thank you!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wanted to give a second vote for this 3rd party solution. We are managing a handful of HubSpot accounts in the healthcare sector. We are not asking for personable information on any of the downloads but it's surprising what people will divulge in the comment box. Having a secure option would be great and we've had that request repeatedly. Setting up those forms via API can be a lot of work plus it forces us to use another cms that has the secure features when the entire site could have been easily hosted on HubSpot. The SSL is the only thing holding us up.

• Brad Jess - DMS LLCBrad Jess - DMS LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is an excellent idea and would make a good addition to HubSpot, potential clients seem to put a good amount of weight on their personal data, whether it be sensitive or not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base