I suggest you ...

"Sales team" profile level

Right now HubSpot is pretty much ALL or NONE access within our hub. I need to allow a team to have access to the lead intel and prospect info...but that means I have to give them FULL ACCESS TO MY LIVE SITE! eekk! Maybe the content admin can give each person customized access to different parts of the hub.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jessica SylvesterJessica Sylvester shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ErikErik shared a merged idea: Manage Users  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Set restricted settings for other authorized users  ·   · 
    Michael MotykaMichael Motyka shared a merged idea: Daily, Weekly and Monthly Prospects Digest should have "Viewing Only" security level for non contributors (i.e. sales team)  ·   · 

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wayne SnellWayne Snell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heck yes that is exactly the same concern that I have - no way do I want our sales team to be able to modify thinks - they should have read-only access.

• Jerry CharlesJerry Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really solve a lot of problems for us. I need to assign leads to around 16 sales reps but if I do, they can sign in and see everything. I just want them to have access to their leads and any prospects that are assigned to them assuming that becomes a function of the prospecting tool currently in Beta.

• DamienDamien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow I'm surprised this is just a Jan 2012 request.

We want the same as stated here. Allowing the Sales role to edit additional info gathered is another part of the process. This is gathering info like a CRM but the api's are not there to bi-directional update (e.g., to/from SalesForce or Netsuite or SugarCRM). This way the data gathered is much more rich and can lay the ground work for future dynamic customization of the site (assuming that's the path that the Hubspot CMS team is headed).

• Kirsten BarreraKirsten Barrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running into this as well. I need to be able to give my Sales team only access to leads and prospects and no access to create landing pages, view overall analytics, configure emails, change settings, etc.

• Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all - this is definitely on our radar! We've had a lot of requests for different types of roles, most of the votes for which are on this thread:

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/2352834-add-greater-customization-for-user-permissions-e-

We'll leave this as a standalone idea so we understand how many folks want a sales team role specifically.

• Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From Michael Motyka: Daily, Weekly and Monthly Prospects Digest should have "Viewing Only" security level for non contributors (i.e. sales team)

Current HS permissions allow for either creating a HS user with full access to the CMS or not. A level of security which enables access to prospects digest for viewing who visited the website would be helpful for say the sales team. Want them to see if they are driving visitors whether they convert or not but don't want them to have full access to CMS and editing capabilities.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base