I suggest you ...

Track words people enter into your site search in Lifecycle Reporting

Find out what content is missing from your site by tracking the words people enter to your site search after completing an Event. Each quarter we have 3-5000 phrases entered into our site search. We know people are getting really specific, we just don't know where and when they enter these terms. Lifecycle currently has assists which tracks words entered that assisted in an Event. It doesn't have words entered after they completed an Event.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dana CutterDana Cutter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh PayneAdminJosh Payne (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given that prior to HubSpot, I was involved in the search product business I fully understand the power of this idea. I'll keep it in mind and ask around if there are ways to accomplish it in the short term.

Thanks
        Josh

• Dana CutterDana Cutter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help you identify what is missing from that page or Event and identify potential new content to add to the page. It wold have to be dynamic enough to combine and count similar terms (plural vs. singular). I currently export these search phrases each quarter, sort them alphabeticcally and catalogue them into 18 categories. It is laborous, but we usually identify a few gems that help us ensure we have content that is returned in the form of page vs. nothing found/try again message.

Feedback and Knowledge Base