I suggest you ...

Ability to easily add short opt-in forms in blog posts, like CTAs

The CTA module is a great, fast, and easy way to consistently get contextually CTAs into blog posts. However 1/2 (at least) of the battle is "selling" the click to get the visitor to the opt-in form in the first place.

Stellar copy and rigorous A/B testing can only do so much.

In the offline direct mail world, this is like the battle to get the envelope opened...which is why many use postcards.

Extending the same thinking...why not just embed a "lite" version of the opt-in form (Name, Email, perhaps 1 other critical field) directly below the blog post, rather than the CTA button.

This way EVERYONE sees the opt-in form rather than losing a HUGE % on the CTR issue. And with HubSpot's remember visitor feature, there will be PLENTY of opps to get more data on a subsequent opt-in...heck you could put that right on the thank you page.

NOW of course, this IS possible to do today in HubSpot by adding a form, right?

My feature request is to make this more like the CTA module, like a server-side "include" of sorts, where I can create a library of these "lite" version opt-in forms to drop into blog posts just as easily as I can drop CTAs in.

I know your CEO loves to brag about how lead gen began to soar at HubSpot when HubSpot began putting CTA buttons at the end of every blog post. Have you ever tried what I'm describing here in scale? You might be shocked by the results...but the key is to make it EASY for HubSpot users.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joel GerdisJoel Gerdis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of our clients is a staffing agency and we use the blog to post job openings and pull those jobs to different pages based on topics/tags. There is an apply button in each post that links to an application form.

We would love love love to put the form right in the blog. 5 fields at most that lead to step two. This solves all sorts of issues for us and will drastically improve conversion rates.

• Josh PayneAdminJosh Payne (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll echo Ellie's comment. The best V-L rate I've ever seen in Sources was for a customer who had a very short form (Name, email) on every page in the right hand side column. It was appropriate as I believe it was a consumer mortgage business and it was "request a quote" type form.

• Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting idea! We've had some customers do something similar, by putting short opt-in forms on many pages of their website. This is definitely the sort of thing you want to test (one of the benefits of clicking through to a landing page is that the landing page can sell your offer more and get higher conversion rates).

FYI updated the title of the idea from "Beat the Friction/Bridge the World of CTAs and Forms to See CR%s Soar" to "Ability to easily add forms in blog posts, like CTAs."

Feedback and Knowledge Base