I suggest you ...

Add greater customization for user permissions, e.g., access to keyword grader without admin access

Right now, if someone is a Hubspot User, they can do anything, even delete another user. There needs to be some way for them to access features that will support them in their blogging without giving them administrator access to our account

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yaacov SilbermanYaacov Silberman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DannyDanny shared a merged idea: Assign more granular user roles so the owner of the company cannot be deleted  ·   · 
    Jessica SylvesterJessica Sylvester shared a merged idea: Allow for segmented functionalities of HubSpot users.  ·   · 
    IzzyIzzy shared a merged idea: adding a function so that users have different rights on HubSpot depending on access given by admin  ·   · 
    Dale BerkebileDale Berkebile shared a merged idea: Limited access Login for employees or sales or freelancers (new user account type/permissions)  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnelisaAnelisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still think it would be helpful to have more customization for user permissions! For example, sales reps can only prospects but not leads or other contacts. That is really discouraging!

However, I do not need our sales reps having access to the blog or landing pages, like our marketers. Please help!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its great that there's 6 Different HubSpot User Roles available. However, I need to give a web designer access to going in and making changes and/or redesigning our website and that's it. I don't want them to be able to see our analytics or anything else. Any idea if this is in the works?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I receive the Daily Prospect Digest and in the email HubSpot tells you that you can subscribe up to 50 Colleagues. Great, I thought. I'll sign up the entire sales force, however they don't tell you that you need to give each person Administrative privileges to see the prospects. There needs to be more login permissions then just Blog Author, Blog Publisher and Admin.

• Brian McMullinBrian McMullin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All! I just wanted to let you know that we have started development on this. We're looking forward to your feedback!

• Mary PlandingMary Planding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see options to configure access as detailed as desired. That's because the smaller the company, the more hats each employee wears. For instance, some people do both marketing and sales. So they need to be able to write/publish content as well as track leads. Some people publish content beyond blogs, e.g. CTAs, landing pages, email campaigns, lead nurturing campaigns and need to also have access to analytics. Still others are doing the keyword analysis and creating blog posts. And if someone is writing a blog post, shouldn't they have the options for deciding which / when sharing on their social networks takes place?

Please, please, please work on this one. It would make a huge difference in on-boarding smaller clients without making the owner feel like he's giving away total control or tying her hands.

If there could be standard roles defined as some are suggesting, but with an option to assign more than one role to a user, that would probably be the easiest approach.

• Mark MathsonMark Mathson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000 for this one! Better user management all the way around is a much needed addition. It gets cumbersome to manually add people across several portals. Would be nice to be able to add them once and select multiple portals (especially for VAR Agencies)

• Jeff YoungJeff Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely like to see the User Admin options expand. We've used others in the past that have a lot better Admin capabilities. I would like to see new roles implemented or a way to define roles:

Analytics users
        Web Designer users
        Marketing User
        Blog User
        Blog Author
        Sales User
        Admin

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I woudl like to see a role linmited to sales staff who want to view daily prospects details and the prospects' histories

• Greg MesslerGreg Messler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an idea...

Suggested Roles:
        1) Administrator (gets everything, delete anything, user mgt, etc.)

2) Content Publisher (everything in sales plus edit and delete content, no admin settings or user mgt)

3) Sales (edit leads - not delete anything to be safe, can't edit content or pages, can see ALL analytics)

• Kirsten BarreraKirsten Barrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an administrator, I need to create specific access permissions for individuals/departments in my organization. Example: sales individuals to see leads, prospects; marketing individuals to see analytics, reports; admin manage all other features such as landing pages, email, etc.

• Jerry CharlesJerry Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't integrate with a CRM and could really use the ability to give salespeople the ability to sign in and only see their assigned leads, and prospects for example. Maybe the best way to tackle user roles and permissions is to allow one to create a custom role type and assign permissions -- keeping it flexible.

• Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A request came in for this by email, for the following user roles:

> Analytics only – can see all analytics tools (prospects, keyword grader, link grader, web traffic, etc.) but can’t make any changes to the tool
        > User – Can create but not publish web pages
        > Approver – can create and publish web pages

Also note these other related ideas:
        > Analytics-only user role: http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/1781483-create-an-analytics-only-user-role
        > Enhancements to blog author user role: http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/2197335-enhance-access-for-users-with-the-blog-author-us
        > Limitations to blog author user role by blog: http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/2266057-limit-blog-author-user-role-permissions-to-specifi

• EdwardEdward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would definitely like the ability to customize user roles. For example...

Giving users access to download leads from forms that require us to take a physical action, but not giving those users access to make other edits and changes.

• Rebekah DonaldsonRebekah Donaldson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rick I suggest a distinction between folks who can create and edit and move pages; and folks who can make "deeper" sitewide changes (custom CSS, footer disclaimers required by Compliance, users and their roles...) in Settings.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base