I suggest you ...

Notify users when their email has bounced

Customers would like to be notified when their emails have bounced in the lead notification email system so they can take care of the issue and contact support to remove the bounce.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ashley HillAshley Hill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KelliKelli shared a merged idea: notify the account administrator any time there is a problem delivering leads via email  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeremy CraneJeremy Crane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'll be improving our notifications in general over the coming months. Hopefully this will help on this front as well.

• Michael MorscheckMichael Morscheck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!! Bounced emails need to raise a flag so HubSpot customers can be contacted to alert them to it. Shouldn't be difficult to do, and the potential for missed leads because of it is a big issue.

We recently experienced this problem - a week went by and we weren't getting any leads. Turns out the email notification to us bounced back to HubSpot (who knows why, we didn't change anything) so HubSpot automatically quit trying to send lead notifications in order to protect their email integrity. No phone call to us, nothing. Just stopped letting us know we were getting leads.

It was only when I eventually checked the leads database that I realized there were old leads sitting there waiting for us to get back to them. Of course, by then it was too late - we called them all back, apologized for the delay, but they all had called our competitors to get taken care of since they never heard back from us. We lost a fair amount of business just in a week's time.

All this could be avoided by there being an automatic trigger that if HubSpot receives an email bounce, the account manager gets notified so he/she can reach out to the customer and see what's going on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base