I suggest you ...

Support different types of lead capture forms (lightbox, sidebar, etc.)

Add This Functionality to HubSpot: http://www.wpsubscribers.com/

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ckluisckluis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DeniseDenise shared a merged idea: modal boxes  ·   · 
    Tenon ToursTenon Tours shared a merged idea: Create an option to display form in a lightbox  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris BarryChris Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There seem to be a few requests for a "out-of-the-box" lightbox effect in Ideas, and what I'd really like to see is that as a standard part of the COS. Not just for forms, but for any kind of content.

The specific use case I have in mind is for our features/pricing page, where the user could click to see details on each, and it would pop open a box over the current page just like how the HubSpot notifications details open over the list of all notifications.

• Mike GMike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created my own hubspot integrated lightbox with a form in it and I'm running into problems with the inline "thank-you" submissions.

My problem is that the inline success message only appears after a full page refresh. A bit heavy handed to refresh a whole page to get one line of text to appear...yeah?

I'm using a form in a modal window and the full page refresh breaks a user's flow when using the form. They submit the form and the page refreshes and the user doesn't even know their info went throught.

Only when the user clicks the CTA to open the modal again do they see the thank-you message.

Can you please add a client-side solutuion to this inline "thank-you" message problem so we dont have a full page refresh every time someone submits a form?

It's also a bad experience for mobile phone users to have to get a full page refresh just to see that their info went through on a form submission. Makes the company we work for look bad when the user has to re-load all of their content for such a small message.

With is issue being open for more than a year, I'm surprised Hubspot hasn't fixed the problem of doing a client side injection of the inline thank-you rather than a serverside refresh to get new content up...

I'd love any input or updates on when form submission inline text will not require a full page refresh

• AliAli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! There are so many pages, where i don't want the visitor to leave the page. Come on... :)

• Crystal BallCrystal Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pending for over 1 year, is there any chance this will be worked on soon or shall I just look at coding it for ourselves?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please provide a way to redirect a CTA to a LIGHTBOX for small forms when you DON'T WANT / DON'T NEED the reader to leave their page (eg.: a email-box for a newsletter suscription. We don't always need a landing page for that, this is even counter productive as it is interruptive instead of a smooth LIGHTBOX poping up over the text.

Thank you!

• Autumn ShirleyAutumn Shirley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this ability added to hubspot. In my case, I would like to use a CTA to direct leads to watch a video. When they click to watch, I would like a popup requesting a little bit of information before they play the video. I've tried directing them to a form, but I immediately went from more than 100 people watching the video daily to almost none... I'm open to other ideas, as well.

please add support for this. its 2013.

in the meantime - has anyone found any tricks or workarounds for this?

We would also like to see this. We have a client who is asking us for a "pop up" box for every new visitor who comes to the site. They want something much more attention-getting than a normal form.

• Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From Tenon Tours:
        It would be helpful if you could set a form to open in a lightbox or pop-up so that you could use it throughout the site without always having to embed or redirecting the user from the page. This would be a great way to get somebody to click on a "Like this deal? Request more information!"

Feedback and Knowledge Base