I suggest you ...

Automatically assign the new Google 'Author Attribute' to blog authors

Since Google is now tracking content authors with there algorithm they are recommending authors include the rel="author" attribute in the code. It would be nice if it was already generated by the blog module based on the author.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    @CPollittIU@CPollittIU shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Julie VetterJulie Vetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, these are good points. Does anyone know if the Author attribute feature has been incorporated and if so, how to use it on the HubSpot CMS blog and how to use if you have more than one author?

• Crystal BallCrystal Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful. I'm seeing lots of SEO's saying this is going to be big ranking factor going forward.

• Christian FranklinChristian Franklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also recommend this be built into the blog module. Currently looking for a way to hack it in but feel that HubSpot should build it vs. me hacking it. Any update on this from the development team?

• Bryce HansonBryce Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Hubspot want to be on the forefront of inbound marketing, this should be built into the CMS.

• Chris ReillyChris Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a critical feature as well- the more I understand about Authorship the more I realize it is critical for Inbound Marketing.

• @DavidRFrank@DavidRFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical functionality for us. However, I want to be able to control the author tag as we have guest writers so the author is not always the person posting the article. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base