I suggest you ...

Add a Related Posts with Thumbnails blog module

These are very popular on wordpress sites. Similar to linkwithin and nrelate, allows to customize and offer related content to blog readers. Looks like 5-12% click through rates.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdamSokAdamSok shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ben HeimsathBen Heimsath shared a merged idea: Create a module to list blog posts dynamically for specific tags  ·   · 

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlanaAlana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hubspot! This is a great idea! Can you update us on whether this is going to be implemented?

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We are slightly redesigning our blog and would love to have this as an option within Hubspot.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have posted this as an idea, as I'm currently having to sit and specifically type in related posts at the bottom of each new blog post.

Lost as to why this hasn't been implemented yet, it's a fairly basic feature for most blog platforms... Would also agree with 'Anonymous' and the current Google search tool - there are huge improvements to be made.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK hubspot. Let's get this ball rolling. This is a simple implementation. You already have the topics part figured out --- how hard would it be to add a bottom module to a single-post-template that had a row of 3 thumbnails to related topics, that can rotate. That's all we want!

And while were at it, can we have a simple search function for the blog (and not the google one, that one is terrible and doesn't work very well at all)

Seriously.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just going to post this as an idea when I saw it.

When we moved from WordPress to HubSpot in May our average page per visit and traffic per post dropped significantly. In looking at Google Analytics, I see the navigation path for old blog posts typically included a referral from another post and readers of the current post, then visited another post that was suggested in the one they were reading by the plugin we had installed.

HubSpot preaches customer engagement so this one is a must have. It doesn't have to give us too many parameters to choose from. The plugin we were using did it automatically and it worked quite well.

• HubSpotterAdminHubSpotter (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All, you can currently display topical posts within the Posts by Topic module in a COS Blog template, and a visitor can click through to get a listing page of posts tagged with that topic.

We're still investigating the application of a Related Posts module which would display similar posts that change dynamically based on the content of the current article a visitor is on.

• WilWil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we need more options to filter blog posts.We should have the power to filter by topic/tag, date and in ascending/descending order, etc

Currently there are only two methods to list blog topics. By most recent, and most popular. There needs to a lot more flexibility to list blog posts by topic (tags in wordpress) and/or category.

I shouldn't need to be writing/using a 3rd party site to extract the listings from a xss feed from hubspot portal so I can parse I can load it back on a hubspot portal page.

By 'related posts' I mean posts with the same tag/topic which would make it related.

• Nestor JaenNestor Jaen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, we are doing this this third-party code, but we require that HubSpot implements this option to get the best indicators of traffic and pack customizations.

• Chris AllardChris Allard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much like to see this also. We have it set up on another Wordpress-run blog for our business and it's code is rather simple. Can we expect something like this?

• LakeyaLakeya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this, or if we can choose which tags to show on the page that would help as well. And make the work less manual.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very important because visitor doesn't always wanna respond to CTA after one article and related articles could be entered manually but across 100's of posts that's impossible to maintain.

the most likely thing someone is going to do after reading one article is read another.

Feedback and Knowledge Base