I suggest you ...

add Blog Author Bio module we can add to the blog page

Many successful blogs have thumbnail profile pictures of blog author/contributors on the navigation panel of the blog that either open a modal containing info about the author or open a new webpage within the blog displaying the bio info. This gives the blog more credibility – readers can learn about the credentials of those writing the blog articles. Currently I have to create a custom web page on my blog and then add an HTML/JavaScript module to the navigation panel linking to the bio web page of each author.

Having a module which could be help automate this task would be very helpful.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chuck VionChuck Vion shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Crystal BallCrystal Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any implementation documentation regarding this?
        Is it just a case of creating a rich text module in the template under the blog content section and then editing this on a per post basis.

• Debbie HuberDebbie Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new COS, part of this is implemented, but the profile pictures aren't used yet. The author's name is a link that takes the reader to a page with their bio and posts, but no photo. If the by-line could include the thumbnail of the author, that would be great. Right now I manually add an image of the author to every post, but having that thumbnail appear automatically would be great!
        Thanks for your consideration,
        Debbie Huber
        blog.greatharvest.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base