I suggest you ...

Improve HTML wysiwyg editor in email marketing tool

Seems like the HTML WYSIWYG editor could stand for a lot of updates to be on par with other WYSIWYG editors like what MailChimp has on their site. For example, it should be easier to edit the CSS for an image (adding margins, etc) without going into the HTML code. Another thing I find lacking is the ability to add rows/columns, etc. once a table has been created.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LukeLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Daniel LyntonDaniel Lynton shared a merged idea: add HTML button to WYSIWYG email editor  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ellie MirmanAdminEllie Mirman (Customer Research, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improving the content creation tools in HubSpot is definitely a priority for us and something we've started working on. You'll start to see new tools where the editing experience is no longer an issue, and it becomes more about the content that you're creating.

• Tom CuneoTom Cuneo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - when you are creating an email the formatting doesn't match when you preview and ultimately what is sent. Im very disapointed more thought wasn't put into this aspect as important as it is to the whole inbound marketing concept...

Seems like this aspect and other design oriented aspects would be 'better' in a company like this... just sayin' - Even CKEdit which is an online wysiwyg when I have installed it in the past on clients sites has tons more functionality and it actually looks like what your trying to format as....

• ClaudiaClaudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the email template being used needs to be tweaked, it entails creating a new email and setting everything up again just to send a test. With an html button, tweaks would be so much easier. Using a coupon template we got somewhere on HS and tweaking font size and spacing has been too hard to manage. Templates should reflect the brand styling and need to be made consistent. Takes too much time with the current method workaround.

• Dan AbdinoorDan Abdinoor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folks, if we just added the ability to change the HTML on emails, would that do it? Any worries about markup not being email-client-friendly? That's the reason we don't allow it today.

• Whit GurleyWhit Gurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a specific request here, if HS does end up overhauling this: eliminate auto-generated inline CSS. Any CSS that's being used should reference an external style sheet so that you can override it and change the behavior of what a particular button/tag is actually doing (i.e., repurpose the "underline" button to apply a specific text style to the content). This is something I do with nearly all of my WordPress projects/clients, but I'm currently SOL with HubSpot.

• Jake M.Jake M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to fine tune the HTML code too of course with a button.

Also with a very high percentage of people viewing emails on mobile devices it would be HUGELY helpful to preview what an email would look like on an iPhone, Droid, Blackberry.

• Matthew RoyseMatthew Royse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the editor needs to have more functionality or work in a way to integrate with an email marketing tool like mail chimp (mail chimp is great from the design perspective). I would also like to see the email marketing tool available from the home page. It is tough to find right now.

• ClaudiaClaudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add the HTML button. As it is now, making changes in email editor often blows out the formatting, and I have to work through the email configuration template instead and start over.

• Daniel LyntonDaniel Lynton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The WYSIWYG editor for email marketing should use the same editor as the website content. (except for maybe the video button, I don't see any of the other formatting as off-limits to email clients)

Without the HTML button, it's much more challenging to create and edit html emails for email marketing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base