I suggest you ...

add a feature that allows one to design one's own modules!

Dear HubSpot,

This is probably a long shot, but it would be ideal for me if there was additional functionality to be able to design one's own modules into one's own portal.

For example, I'm a designer/programmer and I'm designing a page to feature new products that ideally should be updatable by my client. Each product is going to be wrapped in a div, and within the div are areas designed for the product logo & other images, slogan, price, category, a short paragraph description, and a link to more information. The look is standardized, but the images, text, url of the link, and background color of the div will change per product, as well there will be a variable number of products.

In an ideal world I'd be able to write my lines of html & css & javascript required to generate a single featured-product div, save this as a module, select the editable components (by inserting variables into the code?), and then the client could go to "add new module" and select the custom module for featured products from the list, then simply type the new text they wish to see, and upload new images to replace the old ones (even better if the system were smart enough to limit or resize -to scale- the width or height of the images to fit the design, or at least prompt the user about it...but I'll take what I can get).

Is this too much to ask?? I'm a bit spoiled from working with developers in the past who have custom built a CMS around my design specifications, but really it would be a fantastic feature if HubSpot users were able to code custom modules that less advanced users could easily update their own website.

Hope you'll give this some serious consideration!

Victoria

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VictoriaVictoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Callum HopkinsCallum Hopkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a must. It's currently a nightmare to have complex content layout and nice and clean editing within COS. Custom Modules would make my life a whole lot easier!

• Crystal BallCrystal Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, would it be possible to be included in the Beta group for this as we are currently rebuilding our site and this would be useful to have access to.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvoting.... while many Hubspotters are not tech savvy and might never use such functionality, there are doubtless MANY of us who would happily design our own components if we could :)

• DamienDamien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! this is a well thought out request.

I think, because the CSS in a Hubspot generated page is so obfuscated and not articulated well, this one may be a bit of a challenge. My assessment is that there may need to be a rearchitecture to their 3rd-party extensions capability to allow for the current: content modules and your custom content modules, the 3rd-party functionality extension, custom templates, CSS and HTML5, common JS api libraries (e.g., jQuery).

I hope that my vote helps to accelerate this effort.

Feedback and Knowledge Base