I suggest you ...

Add the ability to sort, rename and otherwise edit leads database and imported list

Data imported via a list can't be viewed, sorted, etc in the Leads interface - only one at a time in the Lead Detail pages for each record. Also, when leads are deleted, the delete is not a hard delete, and they still appear in Nurturing workflows.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JonathanJonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in beta  ·  Ellie MirmanEllie Mirman responded  · 

The new contact management tools allow you to update existing contacts via an import or individual update.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DarwinDarwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the responses guys. Just went through this sort of request with support, and while it did take a couple days for the initial response, they were quite helpful.

I agree that soft delete is usually preferred, the problem only arises when you want to 'start over' because of some other limitation in the UI that you can't work around, such as when I imported a list of emails and then LATER acquired the same list with more complete name and mailing address data. A re-import doesn't overwrite existing fields, meaning I can't UPDATE fields such as FirstName/LastName with the new spreadsheet, unless I deleted the original entries...but again, soft deleting doesn't work with the current implementation, because it brings the deleted leads back to life as soon as they are reimported, honoring the original (incorrect/incomplete) name etc. and once again ignoring the new data.

Also, multiple imports means incorrectly inflated lead grades since it is assuming they've converted again (which is technically accurate, but not what I want in this case). Thanks for working on this stuff. The API is quite solid, and all of this can be worked around if I had all day to write scripts. :) Sadly, I do not.

• Rick BurnesRick Burnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jonathan, you're right. My only goal here is to clarify the remaining feature being requested. These ideas aren't valuable if the idea isn't clear or isn't up-to-date with what's currently offered in the product, so I need to moderate a bit. In this case, a better way to handle it is to edit the original idea, so that's what I'll do.

Rick

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also - the notion that a software feature has been completed if support can accomplish it for you is directly contrary to the value proposition of software... namely, automation, scalability & self-service.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK... i'm not sure why this item is being closed, as "delete" was one of four related database management features originally requested.

I understand that HubSpot's preference is to gloss over 'nuances' like the fact that there still is no way to hard delete within the UI... but nonetheless, I submitted a feature request that the following capabilities be enabled within the application via self-service:

Delete (true, or 'hard' form)
        Rename
        Update
        Sort

None of these features has been delivered. But that's fine.

Also... 'in the process of improving the workflow' ... is markedly different than 'complete' in standard usage of English.

Is HS behind the monthly quota for "completed" tickets, or something? I get an email that says completed only to arrive at a message that reads "nothing has changed within the application, but we're closing this request anyway." Which begs a few questions, such as, why ask users to submit feature requests in the first place?

• Rick BurnesRick Burnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Darwin and Jonathan. I'm going to close this item b/c, as Dan notes, we do have a mass delete function now, and if you want to hard delete any leads our support team is happy to do it for you (and we're in the process of improving the workflow, so the soft delete won't be a problem).

• Dan DunnDan Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few different things in here worth separating:

* when the request was written, there was no mass delete, but as Darwin notes, you can now
        * when leads are deleted, they are "soft deleted" meaning the data is gone from the HubSpot UI, but we save it in case it needs to be recovered. In most cases, that is a good thing.
        * In a few cases, the soft-delete is not preferred. We're in progress making some changes to lead nurturing which will make these cases quite rare. For now, we're doing these through support tickets.

• DarwinDarwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you can actually mass 'delete' leads from a search result, but it's a useless delete. It just flips a 'deleted' flag to true in the database and they don't show up in the UI again UNTIL they do something else, then you get all the original data for the lead back (the data you wanted to delete).

Feedback and Knowledge Base