I suggest you ...

Add "and/or" Boolean logic to List Creation

On list builder add a feature that allows for a constant and variables when building a list. For example:

State: Georgia
Cities: Augusta and Macon and Atlanta

Currently the "any: function doesn't allow for a constant so if I want to send to people in the cities above I might also send to people in Augusta, Maine.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeb BlountJeb Blount shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: Improve/Fix Boolean Search features in List Manager  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlizaAliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with Adam Goldfarb below. Would make list creation much less labor-intensive.

• Adam GoldfarbAdam Goldfarb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In using the current Lists tool, the boolean logic is limited to:

(a AND b AND c) OR (x AND y AND z)

It would be great if we had the flexibility to also create the inverse:

(a OR b OR c) AND (x OR y OR z)

Thanks!

• Stephanie PetersStephanie Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I have to run five different reports just to get the list I need because I can't use and/or logic.

• Christopher O'DonnellAdminChristopher O'Donnell (Director of Product Management, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris we are designing some solutions to your frustrations as I write this. We are hoping to bring more powerful custom field support in the near future, and to make that support available to import, forms, list segmentation and email content.

If you have time, I'd love to touch base with you over video chat today, I have some office hours open, with signup here: http://ohours.org/officehours/2415

All the best,
        Christopher

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this equates to allow for "And" as well as "Or" logic within one list generator.

City: Augusta OR Macon OR Atlanta

AND

Or could be accomplished by allowing for multiple terms within one filter (as in SF):

Cities: Augusta, Macon, Atlanta

Totally agree with this.

Also need to have additional filters as standard sorts. Industry, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base