I suggest you ...

Allow HubSpot Users to Customize the Timezone Used for All Apps

Be able to change timezone settings on blog for comments and post time stamps, as well as the website in general using HubSpot CMS.

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark MathsonMark Mathson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    frank harrisfrank harris shared a merged idea: Allow Blogging tool to be set for our time zone as in UK do not know time difference!  ·   · 
    jeremyjeremy shared a merged idea: time zone  ·   · 
    markeemarkee shared a merged idea: Allow user to decide when a day starts  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael MessnerMichael Messner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big problem in the CRM as well. The timeline shows the "universal time" of events happening, which is of no use to our international sales team. When the New Zealanders send an email, it says the email was sent "Tomorrow" (they're 21 hours ahead of us).

• Peter MinnePeter Minne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a globally distributed marketing team, we also need a user specific time zone setting urgently. Scheduling is a pain right now, as well as comparing Hubspot with Salesforce data.

• ColleenColleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only just realized that our multi-time zone teams are messing up all of our send times whenever they adjust their time zone setting. Disastrous implications across emails and scheduled social posts. Account-specific time zone setting needs to be applied as soon as possible.

• CourtneyCourtney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this being fixed in the next blog release. It's a pain to expect my team to have to think about details like this, and I've already accidentally published social media for blog links that were not yet live. This is a big one!

• Sarah McIntyreSarah McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to simply post in the correct time zone is annoying for my clients. It would be great to have the timezone set by the geo-location of the company.

• BettinaBettina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So confusing .... sometimes we're 6 hours ahead, sometime 7, depending on DLS ... really would be great to have a time stamp across the board that is adjustable to the timezone one is in.

• Josh PayneAdminJosh Payne (Admin, HubSpot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, we placed the setting in there as a precursor to start using it in the product. The first place we'll likely start to use it is in our analytics processing so that the definition of each day is relative to your own timezone. When it comes closer to the time when it will be used by the Analytics in HubSpot, we'll make a push to get customers to fill it out.

• Mark MathsonMark Mathson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I saw a time zone setting in Settings recently, is this preliminary to making this happen?

• Doug TaylorDoug Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UK here. Would love to see the option for GMT and BST added. Using only EST causes some confusion as to when a lead nurturing campaign is likely to reach its recipient.

• BeateBeate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in France and we find it a bit confusing having to deal with the US timezone

• spadillaspadilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My request relates to this, but has to do more with the analytics side of things. I am on PST and all times are shown as EST.

• Rick BurnesRick Burnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point KJ. Just updated the idea to reflect your comments. Mark, this should still reflect the intent of your original idea. Definitely speak up if you disagree!

• Kyle JamesKyle James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just thinking but to do this right we should add a universal setting that is also consistent w/ Lead Alerts, Lead History and Prospects.

• Rick BurnesRick Burnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merged timezone settings w/ "allow users to decide when date starts" as deciding on the start of a date should be incorporated into work to create timezone settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base