General HubSpot Ideas

Share and vote on your ideas for the HubSpot product!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge Companies like you do with contacts

The feature exists to merge two contacts (where they are really the same person and just a duplicate), and I think it would be great to have that same ability with companies.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      pending  ·  7 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create dynamic content via smart rules based on ALL UTM parameters

I'm trying to leverage HubSpots smart content to change based on the referral source. Where i'm getting caught up is just how to do this efficiently.

If for example I want to change based on specific parameters, like someone who searched for "Marketing Agency Software". I would want one landing page to change because they clicked my PPC advertisement and made it to my page.

How does the “Paid Search” smart rule work in HubSpot? Is it looking for UTM parameters and changing content? If this is the case, we would want to change the content based on UTM parameters,…

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Content Optimization System (COS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add a "Tweet Later" Option to Retweets

Under Social Media Monitoring, after clicking on Retweet, whether I choose to do a Retweet or a Quoted Retweet, "Retweet Now" is the only option that currently exists. I'd like the option to Schedule the retweet at a later time. Instead of retweeting it right away. This option would add the retweet to my calendar at a date/time of my choosing.

If you're looking for another tool to provide an example of this functionality, you'll find it in Buffer... When you click on retweet, you can retweet it immediately or "Add to Buffer".

Thank you,

Doyle Slayton
        xoombi.com

54 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Social Media  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
          We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the…

47 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Customer email response tracked in CRM

It's nice that we can send email to customer directly from Hubspot CRM but it would be nicer if customer's response would be recorded in CRM as well. Is it possible to set up "reply-to" for hubspot emails to both the person sending it AND 111111@forward.hubspot.com so it would be tracked in the CRM as well. Thanks

86 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              pending  ·  3 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Improve the metrics in Dashboard

We really need more consistency in the dashboard metrics. We don't have reports, so those metrics should be more accurate.

In my opinion this Productivity area should bring these numbers:

- Calls Placed: measures how many calls I placed in a period. Counts all the Logged Calls

- Emails Sent: measures how many emails I sent in a period. Counts all the emails I sent.

- Meetings Placed: measures how many meetings I placed in a period. Counts all the Logged Meetings

- Tasks Completed: measures how many tasks I completed in a period. Counts all my done tasks (the…

33 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add restrictions to the "Sales user" role

The "Sales user" and "Sales manager" roles seem identical. Currently, Sales users can see all contacts regardless of HubSpot Owner and have the ability to edit the HubSpot Owner field. This is a relatively scary thought for us.

For our organization it would be helpful if Sales users only had access to contacts for which they are the Hubspot Owner. Sales users having access to both their specific leads in one list and a "shared" pool of unassigned leads in another list would fit our use case nicely. I hope others agree.

55 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  6 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Global way to create filters in the CRM platform for all users

Often companies prefer to set a global filter settings throughout the whole company to keep an standard for entering data into the CRM Database.
                  For example, in the company properties tab (CRM platform) if you want to add a new company, you will often see fields that don't apply to your business. Of course you can "Manage properties..." for your own user account, but it won't apply to other users and they need to do the same on their own.

57 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    pending  ·  1 comment  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • One-click to add received email to CRM

It's easy to copy an outbound email to HubSpot or Salesforce CRM from Gmail using Sidekick. But what about sending an inbound email from your inbox to the CRM too? Rather than having to forward the email, it would be helpful to have a button in Gmail which will "Add to CRM" the email to record both sides of the conversation.

159 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      11 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to build something to fit this use case. Currently you can forward emails from any mail client into the CRM using the address @forward.hubspot.com.

• Domain Specific Dashboard / Monthly Reports

I am proposing a filtering system that allows you to set the specific or various domains to include (or exclude) from dashboards and monthly reports sent by HubSpot. We have several on our portal and each month in order to generate accurate marketing reports I have to fiddle with Excel numbers and manually calculate out traffic and certain 'leads' that aren't directly attributed to content or marketing. It's a pain and takes up valuable time. Anyone keen to support this idea?

22 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add 'job title' field in manual 'add new contact' pop up box

Would love to have 'Job Title' as a default field in the "Add New Contact" pop up box. Or the ability to customize the fields shown.

20 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Enhanced Functionality of Location Search

I find that almost all CRM's lack the ability to filter Records Based on Radius. ex. ( X miles from Postal Code and/or City. )

What puzzles me is why CRM's even provide the functionality to narrow down records based on Postal Code without the functionality of providing a Radius feature.

Let's say company ABC wants to target an area of Houston, TX including companies within 10 miles.

Lets explore what options ABC company has:

Option 1: (Best Method)

Employee could find the area code-prefix designated to this area and create a telephone number filter.

Problem with this:
                          Contacts with…

54 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Are able to add multiple campaigns to a landing page/e-mail

We know that assigning direct attribution as a marketer is challenging, especially in a lead nurturing capacity. So, I find the limitations around the campaign functionality challenging to only be able to tag one campaign to an e-mail/landing page. With that, it would be helpful for us to be able to measure different e-mails/landing pages we are using tied to multiple campaigns to get a broader analytic overview.

60 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Domain Specific Tracking within Sources

To better understand how our domains are performing we need the ability to filter the Sources Reporting by specific external domains. This functionality is currently available for internal domains, but not for external ones.

I need to be able to know how my Wordpress Blog, home page, and other external sites are converting traffic. What traffic is converting at the highest percentage for each domain separately.

i.e. Facebook traffic may be converting on the Blog better than Reddit traffic, but the data is the opposite for the Home Page and another external engagement site we have set up.

I have…

91 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                6 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the great ideas here. The functionality to filter by external domains and add secondary subdomains to the Sources dropdown is currently on our radar but I cannot communicate a time table at this point. Feel free to direct any questions to nciruolo@hubspot.com. Thanks!

• More detailed reporting based on URL tracking codes

Creating a tracking URL allows for 4-5 utm codes. However, there's no ability to then report on these created URLs.

eg
                                No way to differentiate w/i a given campaign for paid v unpaid posts in LinkedIn. Can only track
                                Campaign - Social Media - LinkedIn
                                You can create more detail w/utm codes but are not able to break the reporting down any further.

15 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Analytics & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Cisco WebEx Event Center Integration

Our GotoWebinar integration is loved by many customers, but we're lacking a similar one to Cisco WebEx Event Center. Is this something to be added soon?

79 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Integrations & APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add Email/Copy Function to Log Activity and New Note Sections in Sales CRM

It would be great if a user could email or copy others on the New Notes and Log Activity sections in the Sales CRM. This would allow others to be notified if an important note or phone call has taken place by another individual.

12 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Segment based on the date a webinar was attended

I would like the ability to refine by date, the "has attended any webinar" criteria for a list. This would allow me to increment a score based on people who had attended a webinar within the last day/week/month, etc. They could then fall out of the list as time passes and then re-enter the list if they attend another webinar.

When you have just a few webinars scheduled, it's very easy to add each one to a list. However, when you are hosting multiple webinars, or do not want to have to go in to edit a list each time…

17 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Editing of of "template" for auto-post social media message when blog is published

When a blog is published, it's awesome to have the auto-post function tweet out that we just published a new blog. However, it would be even more awesome if we could edit that message before it went out.

For example, when writing a new blog, there would hypothetically be a section around the social media options that allows you to craft your own social media message, rather than HubSpot's auto-publish tool just tweeting out the name of the new blog with a link.

I think this would be a great idea because we have a few amazing supporters of our…

23 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Allow For Future Date Handling in List/Workflow Logic

Our visitor base comes to us with a future move date in mind, that we capture. I want to send them emails AFTER getting a quote but BEFORE their move date. Currently all date properties are treated as past dates with drop down options like "was less than" __x__ days AGO. I'm hoping you can add a drop down that offers "is less than" __x__ days away" or "is more than" __x__ days away".

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 191 192
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base